Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tuesday - How to Develop Health Communication Slogans in rural India


We are taking advantage of the beauty of Jibhi and how relaxing it is.  The students went swimming in the brook in the morning and took a hike to the waterfall.  In the afternoon, Rainya, the social worker, suggested that we could be helpful by developing some health communication slogans to use.  She asked us to work on the areas of malnutrition, HIV, water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), in particular.  We all sat as a group and brainstormed ideas for several hours.  We had some really interesting discussions, particularly surrounding the cultural and educational issues to talking about HIV and condom use.

More to come soon... internet access is really really sporadic here so I have a lot of catching up to do!

1 comment:

  1. hey! Will you let me know about Sunday morning? my flight reaches Kullu at 8:05 AM. I should have all of my luggage and everything by 8:45, I am thinking. thanks!

    ReplyDelete